inVerse Plugin Changelog
4.0.4 Release 1 -- (tbd)
- [OF-1517] - Don't require i18n source files for all plugins to be encoded.
- [OF-1641] - Ensure all JSP pages have the correct contentType.
- Minimum Java requirement: 1.8
- OF-1517: Don't require i18n source files for all plugins to be encoded.
- OF-1636: Add 'fullpage' style sheet.
- OF-1629: include missing resources (logos, sounds).
- OF-1635: upgrade to converse.js 4.0.4, which includes these changes:
- Use Lerna to create the @converse/headless package
- Use ES2015 modules instead of UMD.
- #1252 Correctly reflect the state in bookmark icon title.
- #1257 Prefer 'probably' over 'maybe' when evaluating audio play support.
- #1259 Don't inform of affiliation change after user leaves MUC
- #1261 File upload not working
- #1264 Right Align badges of room occupants
- #1272 Hiding MUC occupants leaves a blank space
- #1278 Replace the default avatar with a SVG version
- OF-1628: upgrade to converse.js 4.0.3, which includes these changes:
- New translations: Arabic, Basque, Czech, French, German, Hungarian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Romanian, Spanish
- Bugfix. Converse continuously publishes an empty OMEMO devicelist for itself
- Bugfix. Handler not triggered when submitting MUC password form 2nd time
- Bugfix. MUC features weren't being refreshed when saving the config form
- Don't show duplicate notification messages
- New config setting show_images_inline
- Disable OMEMO when the user has indicated that Converse is running on an untrusted device.
- #537 Render xmpp: URI as link
- #1058 Send an inactive chat state notification when the user switches to another tab
- #1062 Collapse multiple join/leave messages into one
- #1063 URLs in the topic / subject are not clickable
- #1140 Add support for destroyed chatrooms
- #1169 Non-joined participants display an unwanted status message
- #1185 Added Contact still shown as pending
- #1190 MUC Participants column disappears in certain viewport widths
- #1193 OMEMO messages without a body fallback are ignored
- #1199 Can't get back from to login screen from registration screen
- #1204 Link encoding issue
- #1209 Bring color codes of users' status in line with other clients
- #1214 Setting allow_contact_requests to false has no effect
- #1221 Avoid creating a headlines box if we don't have anything to show inside it
- #1222 Adding a bookmark should prefill the room name
- #1228 Converse automatically visits links (to try and determine whether they're images to show inline)
4.0.2 Release 1 -- October 4th, 2018
4.0.1 Release 1 -- September 20th, 2018
4.0.0 Release 1 -- September 8th, 2018
- OF-1597: upgrade to converse.js 4.0.0, which includes these changes:
- #161 XEP-0363: HTTP File Upload
- #194 Include entity capabilities in outgoing presence stanzas
- #337 API call to update a VCard
- #421 XEP-0308: Last Message Correction
- #497 XEP-0384: OMEMO encrypted messaging
- #968 Use nickname from VCard when joining a room
- #986 Affiliation changes aren't displayed in the chat
- #1081 Allow for shift-enter to insert newlines
- #1091 There's now only one CSS file for all view modes.
- #1094 Show room members who aren't currently online
- #1106 Support for Roster Versioning
- #1137 Autocompletion and support for XEP-0372 References, specifically section "3.2 Mentions".
- It's now also possible to edit your VCard via the UI
- Automatically grow/shrink input as text is entered/removed
- MP4 and MP3 files when sent as XEP-0066 Out of Band Data, are now playable directly in chat
- Support for rendering URLs sent according to XEP-0066 Out of Band Data.
- Geo-URIs (e.g. from Conversations) are now replaced by links to openstreetmap (works in reverse also)
- Add a checkbox to indicate whether a trusted device is being used or not.
- If the device is not trusted, sessionStorage is used and all user data is deleted from the browser cache upon logout.
- If the device is trusted, localStorage is used and user data is cached indefinitely.
- Initial support for XEP-0357 Push Notifications, specifically registering an "App Server".
- Add support for logging in via OAuth (see the oauth_providers setting)
- Spoiler messages didn't include the message author's name.
- #1017 Documentation includes utf-8 charset to make minfied versions compatible across platforms.
- #1026 Typing in MUC shows "Typing from another device"
- #1039 Multi-option data form elements not shown and saved correctly
- #1143 Able to send blank message
- _converse.api.vcard.get now also accepts a Backbone.Model instance and has an additional force parameter to force fetching the vcard even if it has already been fetched.
- New API method _converse.api.vcard.update.
- The contactStatusChanged event has been renamed to contactPresenceChanged and a event presenceChanged is now also triggered on the contact.
- _converse.api.chats.open and _converse.api.rooms.open now returns a Presence which resolves with the Backbone.Model representing the chat object.
- #956 Conversation pane should show my own identity in pane header
- The UI is now based on Bootstrap4 and Flexbox is used extensively.
- Fontawesome 5 is used for icons.
- User Avatars are now shown in chat messages.
- Removed the storage configuration setting, use trusted instead.
- Removed the use_vcards configuration setting, instead VCards are always used.
- Removed the xhr_custom_status and xhr_custom_status_url configuration settings. If you relied on these settings, you can instead listen for the statusMessageChanged event and make the XMLHttpRequest yourself.
- Removed xhr_user_search in favor of only accepting xhr_user_search_url as configuration option.
- xhr_user_search_url has to include the ? character now in favor of more flexibility. See example in the documentation.
- The data returned from the xhr_user_search_url must now include the user's jid instead of just an id.
- New configuration settings nickname and auto_join_private_chats.
- Extracted the views from converse-muc.js into converse-muc-views.js and where appropriate moved methods from the views into the models/collections. This makes MUC possible in headless mode.
- Created a new core plugin converse-roster.js which contains the models for roster-related data. Previously this code was in converse-core.js.
- VCards are now stored separately from chats and roster contacts.
- Support for OTR (off-the-record) encryption has been dropped.
3.3.4 Release 1 -- March 15th, 2018
3.3.2 Release 1 -- February 5th, 2018
3.2.1 Release 1 -- September 4th, 2017
3.1.0 Release 1 -- July 10th, 2017
3.0.3 Alpha 1 -- June 19th, 2017
- Initial release.
- Based on commit 068be7b
of Converse, which is a commit newer than the 3.0.2 release, which was the latest official release at the time.