Below is a list of versions that are available for the
To find other plugins, please review this
listing of most recent releases of all plugins.
Plugins extend and enhance the functionality of Openfire.
To install plugins, copy the .jar file into the plugins directory of
your Openfire installation.
Subscription Plugin Readme
This plugin can be configured to automatically accept or reject subscription requests. When set to accept subscription requests users will be able to add someone to their roster (aka "Buddy List" or "Contacts")without having to wait for a manual subscription acceptance from the requested user. Conversely, when the plugin is set to reject subscription requests users will not be able to add people to their roster.
Copy the file, subscription.jar into the plugins directory of your Openfire installation. The plugin willthen be automatically deployed. To upgrade to a new version: 1) go to the plugin screen of the AdminConsole, 2) click on the delete icon on the same row as the currently installed subscription plugin, 3) copy the new subscription.jar into the plugins directory of your Openfire installation.
The subscription plugin is configured via Subscription Properties sidebar item which can found under the Sever tab in Openfire Admin Console. The subscription plugin can be configured in the following ways:
- Disabled (Default setting) - Subscription requests will not be intercepted.
- Accept - Subscription requests will be intercepted and accepted.
- Local - Only subscription requests sent by users who have an account on the Openfire server on whichthe plugin is installed, will be intercepted and accepted.
- All - All subscription requests, regardless of which server the user account resides on, will be intercepted and accepted. Selecting this level can make Openfire vulnerable to spIM*.
- Reject - Subscription requests will be intercepted and rejected. NOTE: At the time of this writing the latestrelease of Spark (v1.1.4) has an issue where subscription rejection packets are not processed properly so this feature will not work correctly with Spark. To havethe plugin attempt to work around this issue create a "plugin.subscription.sparkCheck" system property and set its value to "true".
- Local - Only subscription requests sent by users who do not have an account on the Openfire server on whichthe plugin is installed, will be intercepted and rejected.
- All - All subscription requests, regardless of which server the user account resides on, will be intercepted and rejected.
It is also possible to create a "white list" of users. The users in the list still maintain full control over acceptingand rejecting subscription requests.
Using the Plugin
Once the plugin has been installed and configured there is no additional steps are required to use the plugin.
* spIM is unsolicited messages sent via an instant messaging system; similiar in nature to email SPAM.